Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Two Good Friends, Pedro And Tano


Here is a photo of good friends Pedro (co-owner of ERI) and master mechanic Tano.
Today, when I mentioned my unease over a recent "life event" Pedro said, "Amigo Alan, no te preocupes. Ya sabes que mientras Dios me da vida yo te saco de cualquier problema."
And he means it.
***
Some years ago, I helped Tano's wife prepare for her U.S. citizenship exam and, out of friendship and gratitude, he comes to my home to fix my car right in the driveway.
***
Like everyone else, I feel the national upheaval over immigration.
My view is two-fold.
All these "mostly Native American" people have prior claim to being here.
I also believe Hispanics will contribute mightily to the re-weaving of our threadbare social fabric.
I would not be surprised if latinos' epic generosity, good cheer, hard work (often laboring at jobs that native-born Americans shun) -- coupled with their buoyant celebration of Life -- prove decisive In our national resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment