Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

A Confession: I'm Starting To Write Off Stupid People

Image result for "pax on both houses" stupid
A Confession: I'm Starting To Write Off Stupid People As Incorrigible
Everything Wrong With "Conservative" "Christianity"
(Best compilation of "ignorance and stupidity" links)

The following comment is in response to friend Tom Magnuson's postabout Chris Hedges' essay, "How Kindness Saved My Life."

"I am no longer cutting any slack for stupid people, most especially those stupid people who hold education in contempt and think they have outwitted the system by being diligently ignorant. 

I know it does no good and is probably counterproductive for the one-in-bizillion stupid people who read your Facebook page when I call them by their true name.

But every now and again it’s crucial to vent some magma.

To be clear, my working hypothesis is that these folks are reprehensible - and incorrigible mofos. 

The best description of evil I’ve come across: "Evil takes deliberate delight in causing destruction.”"

Mark Twain, Adolf Hitler And The Dunning-Kruger Hypothesis

Alan: In short, the Dunning-Kruger Hypothesis says that stupid people are too stupid to know they're stupid.



No comments:

Post a Comment