Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

"It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood," A Surprising, Powerful Movie About Mr. Rogers

Image result for "pax on both houses" mr. rogers

Alan: Several weeks ago, I saw Tom Hanks play Mr. (Fred) Rogers in "It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood. 

The movie is based on a relationship Mr. Rogers had with a journalist who wrote a book about their time together.


As is my custom, I learned NOTHING about the movie in advance of attending and was startled to find that it was nothing like the dramatized biopic I expected.

Since I do not want to provide the slightest spoiler, I will simply say that I do not cry easily but "It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood" had me crying - or with tears in my eyes - for longer stretches than any movie I've ever seen.

"Mr. Rogers Was My Actual Neighbor. He Was Everything He Was On TV And More"
http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2018/07/mr-rogers-was-my-actual-neighbor-he-was.html

Image result for "pax on both houses" mr. rogers
Mr. Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister.



No comments:

Post a Comment