Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2020

My "Retirement" Plan Is To Spend 3 Months A Year In A Different Foreign Country


When Covid wanes (or is preventable/treatable) I will begin spending three months a year in one of the foreign lands I've always wanted to visit.

Turkey/Istanbul is at the top of my list, followed by Spain/Morocco, France, Hungary, Italy, Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Buenos Aires-Paraguay, the Afro-Brazilian northeast coast of Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia (the most beautiful country I know, and a destination at the top of my daughter's list), Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia and Malaysia (not necessarily in that order).

Botswana-Namibia-Zambia-Malawi - and the Phillipines - get honorable mention. (Since I have already spent time in Spain, Italy, Colombia and Morocco, some of these "honorable mentions" could rise to the "A-List.")

Once I begin my three-month sojourns, I will start each adventure by spending a couple weeks "settling into" my destination; then will issue invitations informing friends that they may now come stay with me. 

Primero Dios




No comments:

Post a Comment