Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

"Oh, Happy Day!"

Oh Happy Day: Sister Act Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary | Sister ...
"Oh, Happy Day!" 
The Edwin Hawkins Singers

"Oh, Happy Day!"
Sister Act
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zT8AyfsFmA

Alan: Many Americans are offended when greeted by enthusiastic Christians on Christmas or Easter.

Here is my "take."

I travel a lot, and in my travels I have experienced hard and dangerous times, as well as one life-threatening illness.

Wherever I am in the world, I participate in local religious rites.

If I happen to be in a foreign land when I lay down on my deathbed, I hope that a local "holy woman" or "holy man" 
-- whatever their religious persuasion -- will be with me and see me through, performing the rites they deem proper.


"This Is Where The Word Easter Comes From"
Time Magazine




No comments:

Post a Comment