Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Is It Time For The Blue States To Secede? The United States And Provinces Of "AmeriCan"

Dear Ed,

Thanks for your email.

I just got off the phone with Fran Vito and Jim Sanfilipo.

I am "coming around" to the position that the best way forward is to start rationalizing "blue state secession" - and subsequent federation with Canada a la European Union. (In the not distant future we can add Mexico.)

In addition to other benefits arising from federation with a civilized country, union-with-Canada will lend "horseshoe-shaped" geographical continuity to The United States And Provinces Of Canamerica/AmeriCan. (Canamerica or AmeriCan for short.)

I revere Abraham Lincoln. 

But for nearly 20 years I've been perplexed by his fixation on preserving the Union.

If Abe had let The South secede, I believe Johnny Reb would have soon realized that political Union with the progressive Yanks was far preferable to stewing in their bitter, spiteful, family-tree-don't-fork, dimwitted juice.

And then, no later than 1890, when mechanization eliminated need for slavery, the South would have come whimperingly back to the Union - tail between its legs - begging for re-admission.

If this had happened, there would have been no need to re-litigate The Civil War which is Trump and Trumpistas core aspiration.

"Make America White Again!" is the flip side of "Bring Back White Privilege."

And so, I find myself warming to the prospect of taking one last "noble shot" at choosing The Best Candidate -- not necessarily the most winnable -- and with intelligence and good will uppermost, I believe a Warren-Buttigieg ticket might be "just what the doctor ordered." http://time.com/longform/elizabeth-warren-2020/

Is It Time For The Blue States To Secede From Jesus Land?

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 6:05 PM EM wrote:


So ... whad’ya think?   Any variability on who’s on your front burner?




Sent from my iPhone



> On May 12, 2019, at 3:44 PM, alanarchibaldo@gmail.com wrote:

>

> Thanks Ed.

>

> I look forward to reading this!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 12, 2019, at 5:10 PM, EM > wrote:
>>
>> Hola Compa,
>> While I refer on occasion to TIME magazine articles, I seldom urge you read anything specific. However, you should (seriously) consider reading this one on candidate Warren:  http://time.com/longform/elizabeth-warren-2020/  


No comments:

Post a Comment