Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Facebook Question From A Conservative Friend: "Do You Really Care At All?"

Related image

Alan: You ask: "Do you really care at all ? about the prisoners? the poor? those who are exploited by people who only use other people to promote themselves in this world? could it be that's why you hate Trump so much?"

You've so loaded the deck, what am I to say?


"No, I don't care at all. I don't care about prisoners. I don't care about the poor. I don't care about the exploited."


Feel better now?


As for Trump, I have never harbored a whit of hatred for the man.


Not for an instant.


I do have profound pity for Trump -- and for the tens of millions he has deceived -- but no hatred.


Lindsay Graham Can't Run Fast Enough From Yet Another Of His Trump-Bashing Videos

https://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2019/05/lindsay-graham-cant-run-fast-enough.html

I will also point out (in the event it's not already evident) that your judgment concerning my supposed "hatred" for Trump -- indeed your presumption that I "hate him so much" -- is simply wrong.


I wonder if "projection" is in play.


As always I encourage you -- and all Trumpistas -- to read "outside the bubble."



Best Pax Posts On "Projection" And "The Shadow"

If you're interested in rational discourse, you need to pay less attention to your self-validating visceral views, and engage the world where facts -- and fact-checking -- are foundational.


If not your children, your grandchildren will understand that your rhetorical style caroms - often aimlessly - from one falsehood to another because you believe every bit of bluster The Noise Machine has planted in your belly.


I am a Christian who believes that the head and the heart are primary and that volatile feelings are not to be trusted.




No comments:

Post a Comment