Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

My Family's Experience With Nuns - The Sisters Of St. Joseph, And The Mercy Sisters

Sister Serafine Herbst 
Led The School Of The Holy Childhood 
-- Dedicated To  Special Needs Children -- 
In Rochester, New York | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
Sister Seraphine Herbst
TV Segment

Democrat and Chronicle Obituary

Alan: While growing up, my experience with nuns was GREAT. 

Less than 10 years after World War II, the Mercy Sisters taught us there was no need for Catholics to believe any soul was in hell, and we must pray for the eventual salvation of all souls, including Adolf Hitler. 

I realize this will make many readers uneasy, if not angry.

What I can say -- and of course it's "only" personal opinion -- is that such teaching served me and my four siblings really well.

Here is a blog post I assembled earlier today based on a remarkable occurrence in my brother Gerald's life. 

Ger has always been a champion of hard-luck people -- wherever he finds them -- and he goes out of his way to find them.

"Homeless, Addicted, Poor, and Hungry…" Brother Gerald

Over the span of his jaw-droppingly generous adulthood, Ger has been a champion of the Sisters of St. Joseph - https://www.ssjrochester.org/Default.aspx?RD=3799 - who founded the School Of The Holy Childhood for special needs children in 1946. 

"Holy Childhood School"

Holy Childhood Facebook Page (linking to "Special Touch Bakery")

Sister Seraphine Herbst with Holy Childhood children in 1965.

Sisters: Catholic Nuns and the Making of America




No comments:

Post a Comment