Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

There Is Scientific Consensus On The Debacle Of Guns And The NRA Is Pissed

"The Lost History Of The NRA," Originally A Sane Organization
http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-lost-history-of-nra-originally-sane.html

"I Do Not Believe In The Promiscuous Toting Of Guns." NRA President, Karl Frederick

"Gun Cartoons and Gun Violence Bibliography"

80 Percent Of All Firearm Deaths In 23 Industrialized Countries Occurred In The US

There is scientific consensus on guns, and the National Rifle Association doesn't like it, writes David Hemenway of the Harvard School of Public Health. "After the Sandy Hook tragedy, reporters often called me to ask for information on firearms. They wanted to know whether strong gun laws reduced homicide rates (I said they did); and, conversely, whether permissive gun laws lowered crime rates overall (I said they did not). I discovered that in their news articles journalists would write that I said one thing while some other firearms researcher said the opposite. This 'he said-she said' reporting annoyed me — because I knew that the scientific evidence was on my side. ... Scientific consensus isn't always right, but it's our best guide to understanding the world. Can reporters please stop pretending that scientists, like politicians, are evenly divided on guns? We're not." Los Angeles Times








No comments:

Post a Comment