Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2018

My Band "19 Miles From Davis": Our First All Acoustic Rehearsal


Dear Squeeze and Boo,

Since they're are many venues unsuited to head-on electric guitar, the band has long talked about working up an acoustic playlist. 

Our immediate motivation for rehearsing these acoustic songs is an October 21st gig at Hotel Indigo in East Durham where (if I recall correctly) we're playing a cancer survivor conference.

We also have a standing offer to play acoustic music Thursday evenings at Hot Tin Roof.  

I tell you... We had such fun at yesterday's rehearsal! (Sadly, Gilly, Ben and DuVal could not be with us.)

"Valerie"
Acoustic

"Wagon Wheel"
Acoustic
Take 1

"Wagon Wheel"
Take 2
Acoustic



"Dim Lights, Thick Smoke And Loud, Loud Music"
Acoustic

"My Girl"
Acoustic

"Love Me Tender"
Acoustic

"Another Brick In The Wall" (Fragment)
Acoustic

"What A Wonderful World It Would Be"
Acoustic

Next time you guys are in town, I hope you join us. 

Think about a song you'd like to sing with us Squeeze. 

"Grace Like Rain?" (Your recorded version of GLR is THE BEST EVER.)

Some pop favorite?

I hope you enjoy these songs!

Love

Daddy man

PS At yesterday's rehearsal, we also did respectable versions of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (and another song that escapes me at the moment). Sadly, I failed to record them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment