Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Letter To Fred Owens About Ursula Le Guin And Philologist Rev. J. Edgar Bruns

Dear Fred,

I hope you and Laurie are having a great time in Hawaii!

If I haven't told you my daughter's paranormal experience while in Hawaii, remind me.

As you may know, I have very high regard for Ursula Le Guin who was first recommended to me by St. Mike's professor Rev. J.Edgar Bruns, author of "God As Woman, Woman As God" and "The Christian Buddhism of St. John: New Insights Into The Fourth Gospel" https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Buddhism-St-John-insights/dp/B0006CPRI2#customerReviews.

This morning I was captivated by an article about Le Guin, in which she says: "We Can't Restructure Our Society Without Restructuring The English Language." https://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2018/10/ursula-le-guin-we-cant-restructure-our.html

I think Ursula's "A Wizard of Earthsea" is an incomparably well-written book. (In the past I have compared her use of language to Shakespeare.)

Iff you haven't read Wizard, it's quite short - one of those books that "reads itself" before your eyes.

Image result for j. edgar bruns

No comments:

Post a Comment