Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

James Corden And Paul McCartney Take A Delightful (24 Minute) Stroll Down Penny Lane

Image result for James Corden And Paul McCartney

Alan: In the mid-70s I lived in Liverpool... #6 Kensington.

During my first weeks, I marveled that one particular intersection (between my temporary residence and The Liverpool School Of Tropical Medicine where I studied human parasitology and medical entomology) had no street signs. 

I felt this inexplicable absence an affront to dependable British orderliness.

The intersection (a stone's throw from Greenbank Park) was rather remote and pedestrians few. 

One day I stopped a passer-by to ask the street's name, and he said "Penny Lane."

Apparently they still can't hang signs without people nicking them, so they've taken to painting them on the boundary wall.

A few years back, good  friend Steve Dear (my son's Godfather) did a stand-up comedy routine at Philharmonic Dining Rooms -- more commonly called Philharmonic Pub -- the same venue where Paul and his band play in the following video. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philharmonic_Dining_Rooms

James Corden And Paul McCartney Take A Delightful 24 Minute Stroll Down Penny Lane
Related image
The Philharmonic "Bog"



No comments:

Post a Comment