Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Discussion About The Nature Of Truth On Fred Owens' Facebook Page (Go Frog Hospital!)

Image result for the inspector general's report salient points

Image result for pax on both houses,trump putin


Related image

Putin-Trump In 2016 | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Conservatives Were Outraged By The "Conpsiratorial Nefariousness" Of Bill Clinton's Tarmac Meeting With Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Trut | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

EHK: I'm sorry you despise Donald Trump. I'm trying to understand. I lived under a president with whom I disagreed politically, but never thought to despise him. I will say that when I attended my nephew's funeral and the flag was presented "on behalf of Pr...See More
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply1d
DS: It is easy for me to despise a man who sexually assaults women and brags about it, especially next to a family man who publicly showed his respect for his exceptional wife. Then, there is everything else that is different between a decent man and a con...See More
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply2dEdited
DS: "An ignominious and incomplete list of what he has done since we were asked to “give him a chance” includes accusing the former president of spying on him. Overseen the passage of a tax cut that benefits almost entirely the 1%. He has cozied up to dict...See More
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply2d
EHK:  Just curious. Have you read the Inspector General's report?
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply1d
DS: Elaine H. Kolodziej If you want me to read something, put up a link. If there is some point you want to make about what is in the report, quote it. 

I wish I had a nickel for every time a trump supporter deflected because they couldn't face their ignominious vote in 2016. lol, I'd have more money than trump claims he has.
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply1dEdited
EHK: Some of your points are curious, especially if you have not bothered to read the IG's report. 'Nuff said.
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply1d
DS: lol, what a silly game. I'd rather have an intelligent conversation.
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply1d
Alan Archibald DS, I applaud your intelligent, careful exposition. 

It is not "nuff said" when a correspondent reasonably requests links and quotes. 

Failure to provide them is far more likely a tacit confession that "they" haven't "got anything" - or at least anything that will hold up to rigorous scrutiny.

When conducting social media discussions, links and quotes are rudimentary courtesies. 

I propose this "general rule." 

If people suggest we read something, they either post links... or they lose the argument. 

I am still waiting on TLDr conservative who says Snopes is a biased organization that promotes falsehood - to post links documenting that position. 

Is it any surprise TLD has not complied with my request? 

To do so is, in fact, a losing proposition. 

And for most American conservatives, it's not about truth. 

It's about winning. 

Republican presidential candidate, Pat Buchanan, the living American who has served longest as a White House senior staff adviser, observed: “The Republican philosophy might be summarized thus: To hell with principle; what matters is power, and that we have it, and that they do not.” “Where the Right Went Wrong" 
http://www.amazon.com/Where.../dp/0312341156/ref=sr_1_1... 

Isaac Asimov and Carl Sagan both nailed it. http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/.../mark-twain-and... 

People who do not document their positions with links and quotes are eager for falsehood to prevail because only when "opinion trumps truth" can they "win."
Manage

1 comment:

  1. Haven't you heard about global hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Leah Hart by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to united hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how united hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact them on email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how united hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete