Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dialogue With Frog Hospital's Fred Owens: The Big Egos Of Ramos, Trump and Pope Francis

Dear Fred,

Thanks for your email.

Clearly, people rarely rise through the ranks of "officialdom" without big egos.

Even so, I'm inclined to disagree with you about Pope Francis. 

To begin, he inherited the Augean Stables

If he was to do anything but submit to the terminal decline of Medieval Christendom, he had to dig in like a genetically-enhanced badger.

Not only was it necessary to resist deluge of Catholic backsliders --- as eager for the 13th century as jihadists are for the 7th -- Francis also had to plow forward... uphill and against an ongoing landslide.

At the same time he had to muck stables, a task to collapse "Mr. Clean."

Pax tecum

Alan

PS I think Jung's distinction between "ego" and "self" is pertinent to this discussion although I don't have time to think it through now.

Carl Jung: Quotations


On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

Big egos out there. Ramos. Trump...... And Pope Francis is on his way.

Donald Trump's Jorge Ramos News Conference, Annotated
Follow Up

Dear Fred,

Thanks for your email.

I would love to see a "Biden-Bernie" ticket.

Or "Biden-Castro."

Wouldn't it be great to have consecutive presidencies with guys in The White House named Hussein and Castro?

Pax tecum

Alan

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

I worked for a Latino man for one year, twice a week, at his greenhouse. He grew up Mexican in East LA.... For one entire year I was listening to this man's bombastic ego and his need to report on his personal drama. I got tired of it and I quit. He was good at growing plants, I will say that. But, for the time being, I have had enough exposure to the Latino temperament. And he had three nasty little dogs -- ugh.
So then I see Ramos take on Trump, and I think the hell with both of  them. Ramos is slightly less ego-bound than Trump, and more substantial in his speech.
My new champion is Joe Biden, a smart aleck, not a bully. Biden could take on Trump in verbal combat and rub his nose in it big time.
Of major presidential candidates, Biden is the most humble.


--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital





No comments:

Post a Comment