Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

What Donald Trump And Pope Francis Have In Common


All My Mexican Friends, Usually Peaceful And Often Resigned People, Are Furious With Trump

http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2015/08/all-my-mexican-friends-usually-peaceful.html

Dear Fred,

Good observation!

I think people are realizing that when politicians (or other institutionalists) "stay on message," The Common Good gets reamed and The 1% skims a little more cream.

Tightly targeted "messages" -- all form and no substance -- become effective means of obfuscation.

Ronald Reagan called it "bafflegab."

Just create a simple, grandiloquent script and parrot it.

Although the following posts are not "exactly on message," I encourage you to take a look.

ISIS Destruction Of Antiquities Arises From The Same Impulse That Informs Christian Conservatism


Aquinas: "Moral Science Is Better Occupied When Treating Friendship Than Of Mercy"


Pax tecum

Alan

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

I finally discovered the common thread

What do Donald Trump and Pope Francis have in common? They don't stay on message. They are not scripted and they are liable to say the first thing to pop into their heads. One is nasty and the other is nice, but they have this in common.
The Pope is coming September 22, gotta find my plastic Jesus and my rosary beads -- somewhere in storage.



Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital


No comments:

Post a Comment