Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Catholic League President Bill Donahue: Marriage Is "Not About Love"

Bill Donahue on Current's Young Turks show
Bill Donohue on a different Current TV program. Yes, he's been on several.
Presenting Catholic League president Bill Donohue and his deeply important thoughts on marriage:
“This idea of two men getting married is the most bizarre idea in human history,” Donohue told host John Fugelsang, adding that the purpose of marriage is a “duty” to procreate.
“The whole purpose of marriage is to have a family,” he said. “It’s not about making people happy. It’s not about love.”
Glad we cleared that up. Marriage not about love, and screw happiness. Check. Wow, what afabulous worldview this guy has. I can only imagine the sorts of songs they sing at his church.
The host also pointed out that the Catholic leader is a hypocrite for demanding we follow a Leviticus passage that prohibits “lying with another man,” yet he doesn’t refrain from eating pork or from wearing shirts with mixed fibers.
“I think there’s a little bit of difference between what kind of shirt I buy and two guys having anal sex,” Donohue dismissed.
Do you, now? Well, given that Bill Donohue is one of the world's foremost experts on assholes, I'm not sure I can even argue with him.
Important American Godbotherer to others: My sins are nothing compared to the obvious unacceptability of yours. That's as concise a summary of conservative spiritual values as any I've ever heard, and I'm going out right now to have it embroidered on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment