Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"Reasonable" Conservatism

Aryan
Dear Fred,

My trouble with "reasonable" conservatives -- especially with "reasonable" conservatives -- is that they "should" be working 24/7 to proclaim the capture of American conservatism by hateful, destructive antediluvians who -- if we were now living in '30s Germany -- would give Hitler a greater electoral plurality than he actually got.

The Next President Of The United States


Pax tecum

Alan

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

Kevin D Williamson is my favorite National Review Correspondent. He's witty, but not too cute.
NR has been around since the 1950s, sells little advertising. Writers are barely paid. Has a reverence for Wm. Buckley, the founder. Has a fairly consistent point of view. worth grappling with I would say.


-- 

Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital



No comments:

Post a Comment