Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Good King Wenceslas Wishes You A Happy St. Stephen's Day


Dear Fred,

I hope your celebration of Christmas was uplifting.

Happy St. Stephen's Day! 

Question: 

What is the only traditional Christmas Carol whose story line takes place after Christmas? 
This second version is slower than I would like but nevertheless well done: it has the advantage of displaying all lyrics.

Good King Wenceslas
Wikipedia

***

I wonder why there is so little noteworthy news today.

Perhaps "Christendom" is strong enough still to slow the planet a while. 

"In your patience, you shall possess your souls." https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+21%3A19-21&version=DRA

Or maybe reporters have gone awol from gradgrind muck-suck.

Just as likely my own organism is slowing down and so less prone to be swept away by the latest velleity (a wonderful word I discovered when studying Comparative Religion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velleity)

As the day proceeds I will probably review unfinished drafts and post some. 

Pax tecum

Alan



No comments:

Post a Comment