Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Herman Melville Comments On Italian Proverb: "A Full Belly Does Not Believe In Hunger"




"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity... nothing exceeds... 
the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." 
Herman Melville, (1819-1891) 

Of this we can be sure: "It's the other guy."


And what's more... "It's his fault."


Best Pax Posts On Psychological Projection And "The Shadow"

Compendium Of Best Pax Posts On "Too Pure Principles" And The Collapse Of Conservatism
Psychological Projection, "The Shadow" And American Conservatism's Hatred Of Islam







2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that image does not correspond to Herman Melville,,, This is Walt Whitman.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anthony,

      Thanks for your email.

      When I chose the photo in question it seemed an unusual image of Melville.

      Tracking down my source, I see that the URL contains Melville's name so that another blogger's error became my own.

      http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wvFnv_Xrdzw/UIOh9nZqTtI/AAAAAAAACZ4/t1dWah1hCEc/s1600/Herman+Melville+Books+United+states+Famous+poet.jpg

      Thanks to your correction, I have changed the photo on my blog post so that Melville is clearly represented. http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2014/08/herman-melville-comments-on-italian.html

      Thanks again!

      Pax tecum

      Alan

      Delete