Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

TED Talks: Ideas Worth Spreading




Dear R,

I am appending a list of TED Talks I've assembled over time.

I realize it's dauntingly long. 

To make it manageable, I've begun with the two talks I mentioned in the car. 

Talk #3 by Sir Ken Richardson is the first TED Talk I ever saw and I've been a habitual user ever since.

I'm also turning a spotlight on #4, Michael Specter's "The Danger of Science Denial," which I find particularly pertinent to the eye-popping collapse of Reason in American political discourse.

If you want to try a TED Talk that's more visual, check out #5, "Pollination."

And finally, just this morning I stumbled on a new collaboration between TED and NPR. Here's an episode entitled "The Pursuit of Happiness" -  http://www.npr.org/2012/05/02/151881205/the-pursuit-of-happiness

Pax on both houses,

Alan




1.) Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight | Video on TED.com





5.) TED Blog | The hidden beauty of pollination: Louie Schwartzberg on ...
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment