Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

My Band "19 Miles From Davis" Rehearsal Tracks - New Material For Acoustic Gig In Greensboro

Image result for djembe west africa
West African Djembe
Greetings,

In two weeks we play a "Grand Opening" in Greensboro.

Since Alger can't be with us - and John won't have time to truck all our gear, nor set up his drum kit - we'll play with little amplification and a single West African djembehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djembe

In the following compilation from yesterday's rehearsal, Gilly's excellent rendition of Stevie Winwood's "Can't Find My Way Home" is a new addition to our repertoire, as is Ben and Alex's "Georgie Porgie."

And although we've rehearsed the song before, "If I Didn't Know Better" is finally ready for prime time.

If you've got time for just one song, check out "Landslide. Clearly I'm biased but I think Gilly and Alex's version rivals Stevie Nicks.

"Georgie Porgie" is also an "ear-opener."

And if you'd like to sample an acoustic version of a song you've always known as hard-rock-Rolling-Stones, check out "Jumping Jack Flash."

Again, I urge you to listen to these tracks through good headphones. 


"Jumping Jack Flash"
Acoustic

"Landslide"

"Are You Going To Be My Girl"
(Since we didn't have a tambourine yesterday, we decided to start this song with solo cowbell.)
"Ballad Of John And Yoko"

"Susy Q"
(Long work-up to a good intact version starting 6:00)


"If I Didn't Know Better"

"House Of The Rising Son"

"Valerie"

"I'm A Man Jam"

"New 19 Riff"

"Susy Q" Fragment 
(with Ben introducing harmony)

We had great fun making this music yesterday and I hope you find lots of hot spots.

Paz contigo,

Alan


No comments:

Post a Comment