Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Oaxaca Street Performance... And Friend Machai's New Peace Theater

Image result for oaxaca
El Retiro "Los Pájaros De Nieve"
The Best Guest Lodge -- and On-Site Cultural Cornucopia -- in Oaxaca, Mexico
http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2018/04/snowbirds-why-settle-for-florida-when.html

Dear Machai,

Thanks for your email and update!

I'm so happy to hear you're settled and embarking your splendid new peace venture.

Your description reminded me of a fellow in Oaxaca who sits motionless for five minutes at a stretch -- then, very deliberately changes his pose for another five minutes... unless people put money in the basket at his feet. 

A sign on the basket says "A Donation Wins You A Wish."

When a passerby makes a donation, he stands up from his motionlessness and holds forth two "origami-folded" papers, one in each hand. 

You take one. 

Mine said: "Eres un ser de luz."

I LOVED the whole performance!

Brilliant!

Totally captivating.


Love to you,

Alan


On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Machai St. Rain  wrote:


Hi Alan!
Nice to hear from you. I love your musical venture and find it inspiring...I hope I find my next musical family with whom I can start creating musical tapestries again.

All the family is well and I’m grateful for that. I love my time with them...usually weekends once or twice a month. I just wish it were more often and I’m looking forward to summer for that reason.

The only tRumpster I have the angst of knowing is my mother who is still firmly in his corner as of our last conversation where she was so happy he was finally bringing peace to the Middle East. 🤢🤮

I’m creating a ‘street performance’ (for lack of a better word) where I will be sitting on a meditation cushion with a sign that says ‘I’m singing for World Peace and Unity. Will you join me?’ I’ll have two empty seats for that purpose. The word ‘singing’ will be able to be swapped out for the words, ‘meditating’, chanting, dancing, etc...  I have coloring sheets that say ‘this is what a peaceful world looks like’ and it’s blank. I’ll have crayons, pencils and markers with clipboards for people who want to complete them...and I’ll fold origami cranes with my website written on them. This will all interface with my website where people can upload their creations, see videos of me on the street interacting with people and also find other Peace resources. I hope to launch all of this in a couple of weeks...I will let you know!
All for now!
Much Love,
Machai


Sent from my iPad

On May 8, 2018, at 10:00 PM, Alan Archibald <alanarchibaldo@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Machai,

I think of you regularly and hope you and your loved ones are all doing well.

From your vantage, does it seem that Indiana Trumpistas are starting to waver as the following article indicates?  


Elsewhere...

What are you "up to" by way of work, by way of pleasure, and by way of creativity?

Paz contigo,

Alan



No comments:

Post a Comment