Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Listening

Listening adds value: listening to friends, to students, and especially to the world around me. Listening to audiobooks and other stories; listening to the wind in the trees. Listening requires being quiet, and I like to bring some quiet into every day. This isn't always easy for me, as I try to talk my way out of problems, BUT quiet brings calm and reflection.:


Alan: It has been said that the first duty of a Christian is to listen.

When friend Josie became a lay Maryknoll missionary, she spent six months at the Maryknoll Spanish language and cultural institute in Cochambamba, Bolivia. Josie was then sent to her mission site in Barquisimeto, Venezuela, with the instruction that she spend the next six months "not doing anything," but instead "listening to the people."


"Don't just do something, stand there."


No comments:

Post a Comment