Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Bill Clinton And Stephen Colbert Confirm My Suspicion That Donald Trump Is A Liberal "Plant"

151007_bill_clinton_Stephen_Colbert_CBSviaAP_1160.jpg

Trump Says Syrian Immigrants Are ISIS Plants. I Say Trump Is A Liberal Plant To Destroy GOP

Former President Bill Clinton says that he never rang up Donald Trump, asking him to make a run for the White House.

"Did you call Donald Trump and ask him to run for president of the United States?" Stephen Colbert asked him during an interview on "The Late Show" Tuesday night.

"No. No," the former president said, to which Colbert responded: "Because that would be pretty smart, man."

Clinton's response: "Yeah. Yeah, I get credit for doing a lot of things I didn't do like that."

"His daughter told my daughter that he had tried to call me, and I didn't get the message. So, I simply called him back," Clinton explained. "And I don't know whether he had ever intended to discuss this with me or not, and this has happened to you before, I bet, I think by the time I got him back, he had forgotten why he called me in the first place, probably."

"You never said, like Iowa is beautiful this time of year or anything like that? Nothing like that?"
Colbert pressed.

"Not a thing. I had a very pleasant conversation with him, and it wasn't about running for office. And so I missed the chance," Clinton deadpanned.

The former president also attempted to explain the appeal of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: "Because there are a lot of people all over the world that are really hacked off, that think the system's rigged against them and the rich get all the gains and in America a lot of them believe that Republicans have been rewarded for — they reward the people who go furthest to the right so the Democrats would be even more effective if they moved further to the left."

Asked why Trump is doing so well, Clinton said that it's because "he's a master brander and he's the most interesting character out there and because he says something that overrides the ideological differences."

"There is a macho appeal to saying, 'I'm just sick of nothing happening, I'm going to make things happen, vote for me,'" he added.

Giving his most unsurprising answer of the interview, Clinton told Colbert that he still planned on voting for his wife for president, referring to her as "the lady I saw singing on 'Saturday Night Live.'" Hillary Clinton appeared during a sketch last week in which she played a bartender named Val. Clinton joked that it "made me want to have a drink with her."



No comments:

Post a Comment