Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

12 and 15 Year Old Girls Cyber-Bullied To Suicide

Rebecca Sedwick
12


Phoebe 
15

***

Rebecca's mother asks: "I mean, where do they get this hatred from? I mean who's teaching the hatred to these kids, that they're going to be that mean to somebody?"

It occurs to me that academia should probe these questions through rigorous research, starting with the political leanings of the taunters' parents.

Maybe I am blind in this regard, but I believe no child of any liberal/radical parent I know would cyber-bully or physically bully.

If I am wrong -- and these behaviors are not limited to right-wing parents' kids (with the exception of inevitable outliers) -- I will stand corrected and publicly fault myself.

***

Such studies would shine light on the entire "violence spectrum."




No comments:

Post a Comment