Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Life Of Pi" Author Yann Martel's Transition From Humanist To "Believer"


"The High Mountains Of Portugal"
Dear D,

I will be ever grateful that you and K introduced me to Yann Martel's "Life Of Pi."

His new book -- which reveals Yann's evolving relationship with religion -- is "reviewed" in today's Diane Rehm show.

Although the audio file is not yet online, I encourage you to listen to the fist 15 minutes.

If you do, I venture you'll listen to it all. (One of Martel's characters is a pathologist whose fondness for Agatha Christie plays an important role.)

Martel's observations on suffering are, I think, to the point.

Of course, you may not like it at all.

Although the curmudgeonliness of age is rising like a bad moon, I'm increasingly aware that we live in a bottomless cornucopia of surprise - often doing our best to protect against it with the self-imposed tedium of routine.

Diane Rehm: "Life Of Pi" Author Yann Martel Interviewed About Newly Published Religious Book

http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2016/02/diane-rehm-life-of-pi-author-yann.html

Pax tecum

Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment