Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Jon Stewart Reflects On House Of Representatives: "We Are Run By Children"

“We are run by children,” Stewart observed after seeing the tete-a-tete between Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) and Texas Republican Rep. Michael Burgess.
The two lawmakers squared off during a House Rules Committee meeting on Monday concerning a bill calling for the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
“I don’t know about your state — which I think is a crazy state to begin with,” committee member Hastings told Burgess. “And I mean that just as I said it.”
“There is no reason at all to impugn the people, the governor of a state of this country,” Burgess told the committee. “And I will await the gentleman’s apology.”
Instead, Hastings told him he was free to leave.
“I told you what I think about Texas,” Hastings said. “I wouldn’t live there for all the tea in China. And that’s how I feel.”
While Stewart was impressed that Hastings “does not give a single f*ck,” he also questioned whether he was in a position to question any state’s sanity.
“You’re from Florida and you’re calling Texas crazy?” Stewart said. “Might as well call out Oklahoma for also having a panhandle.”
Watch Stewart’s commentary, as posted online on Wednesday, below.

Alan: Many of Stewart's introductory comments are frivolous. However, from 3:10 through 8:10 Jon comments on a video clip that captures a battle royale between Democratic representative Alcee Hastings of Florida and Republican representative, Michael Burgess of Texas. Your jaw will drop.



No comments:

Post a Comment