Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Florida State Senior Lecturer Resigns After Hate-Saturated Facebook Post

Former FSU business lecturer Deborah O'Connor
You Will Remember This White Woman's "F_____ Nigger" Rant The Rest Of Your Life

Republican Party Is "Full Of Racists," Colin Powell's Chief Of Staff
http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2012/10/republican-party-is-full-of-racists.html


File this under "Jesus, lady, maybe you should drink some hater-aid."
Florida State University does not have a policy governing what faculty and staff can – or cannot – say on social media.
But FSU College of Business senior lecturer Deborah O'Connor agreed that she went too far with her reactions on Facebook last Thursday to a photo of U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. O'Connor submitted her resignation the following day, one week before the end of finals for the fall semester.
As we all know, political discussions can get heated. I wonder how bad it could have been?
[Bold my emphasis—though I imagine she would have bolded the words if she could have.]
“YOU elected POTUS, Holder et al. And they are supposed to represent all Americans,not just blacks … why don’t these ass clowns insert themselves into their stories?”
[...]
“Take your Northern fagoot [sic] elitism and shove it up your ass.”
“I teach at a University, you asshole. What do you do?”
“You are an intellectual fraud, just like your Messiah. Obama has single-handedly turned our once great society into a Ghetto Culture, rivaling that of Europe. France is almost at war because of his filthy rodent Muslims who are attacking Native Frenchmen and women.
“I just looked at your picture and what you do for a living. I’m signing off now. I don’t talk to you people.”
Well then. "You people" are gay people FYI. For her part, O'Connor has clearly learned her lesson:
O'Connor told the Tallahassee Democrat that she was embarrassed by the entire incident. She was not forced to resign, she said, but she was encouraged to.
"I've learned my lesson about Facebook; let's just leave it at that," O'Connor said. "I decided to resign because I didn't think it was feasible to drag myself and Florida State through this kind of mud."
When someone says "Let's just leave it at that," I think we all know they aren't leaving anything "at that" and clearly are not showing even a modicum of contrition. The button on this story is the reply from Caryn Beck-Dudley, FSU's business school dean, in response to Deborah O'Connor's resignation letter:
Deborah,
I accept your voluntary resignation. In doing so, I am not agreeing with or admitting to any statements that you have made in your emails which contain several untrue statements and misrepresentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment