Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

BBC: ISIS Recruitment Of 13 Year Old Jihadis. Religious Absolutism & Spread Of Evil

A 13-year-old boy who wishes to be named "Abu Hattab" sits wearing a black balaclava
"Abu Hattab" spends his days online, watching jihadist videos and chatting on Facebook to IS

"Totalitarian Absolutism And The Thinking Housewife"

"Terror And The Other Religions"

Christian fundamentalism and jihadi Islamism 
are mirror images of one another.

By ignoring the deadly fallout of the counter-productive, self-destructive Iraq War, it can be argued that jihadi Islamism is more damaging and deadly than Christian fundamentalism. Against this argument, I encourage conservative Christians to consider the utterly new principle proclaimed by Yeshua of Nazareth:

21 “Under the laws of Moses the rule was, ‘If you murder, you must die.’ 22 But I have added to that rule and tell you[c] that if you are only angry, even in your own home,* you are in danger of judgment! If you call your friend an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse him, you are in danger of the fires of hell.*
38 “The law of Moses says, ‘If a man gouges out another’s eye, he must pay with his own eye. If a tooth gets knocked out, knock out the tooth[e] of the one who did it.’39 But I say: Don’t resist violence! If you are slapped on one cheek, turn the other too.40 If you are ordered to court, and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat too. 41 If the military demand that you carry their gear for a mile, carry it two. 42 Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow.
43 “There is a saying, ‘Love your friends and hate your enemies.’ 44 But I say: Love yourenemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way you will be acting as true sons of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust too. 46 If you love only those who love you, what good is that? Even scoundrels do that much. 47 If you are friendly only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even the heathen do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
The fully contextualized version of the above passages can be read at https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A+20-48&version=TLB

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29921816

In a cramped living room in southern Turkey, a 13-year-old boy is training to join Islamic State.
As he welcomes us in, he appears a regular, happy-looking child: his hair is ruffled, his smile beaming, he wears a grey, hooded sweater.
But as we sit down to talk, he heads next door to change, returning in a black balaclava and military-style camouflage top.
He wants to be known as "Abu Hattab".
Born in Syria, he was first radicalised last year, joining the jihadist group Sham al-Islam.
'Behead them'
He had Sharia lessons and learned how to use weapons, proudly showing us pictures in which he takes aim with machine guns.
Now he spends his days online, watching jihadist videos and chatting on Facebook to IS fighters.
A 13-year-old boy who wishes to be named 'Abu Hattab' stands in a forest holding a weapon
Some young jihadists are sent to training camps by their parents
Within weeks, he says, he'll go to the IS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria to become a young jihadi soldier.
"I like Islamic State because they pursue Sharia and kill infidels, non-Sunnis and those who converted from Islam," he says.

Start Quote

I would not be sad if he killed Westerners”
'Fatima'Mother of 'Abu Hattab'
"The people killed by Islamic State are American agents. We must behead them as Allah said in the Koran."
I ask whether he has disclosed his age to those to whom he talks online.
"At the start, I didn't," he says.
"But recently I told them - and now they contact me even more, sending me photos and news."
But why not simply enjoy his childhood, I ask?
"I don't want to go out with friends or have fun. Allah ordered us to work and fight for the next life - for paradise. Before, I went to the park or the seaside.
"But then I realised I was wrong - and I've taken the righteous path."
'Evil powers'
His family now lives in Turkey - so would he launch an attack here, or in Britain for example?
"Britain should be attacked because it's in Nato and is against Islamic State," he says, "but we would kill only those who deserve it. If they ask me to attack Turkey and give me a holy order, I would do it. Soon the West will be finished."
The mother of a 13 year old IS fighter sit in her house wearing a chequered scarf across her face
"Fatima" says she is ashamed that her other sons have not taken up arms
At home, he and his mother, who wants to be known as Fatima, lead a devout life.
She spends much of her time studying the Koran and admits strong sympathies for the militants.
Last year, she sent her son for training with Sham al-Islam - but denies brainwashing him.
"I never encouraged him to join Islamic State," she insists.
"I support some of their beliefs but not others. But I think they came to help the Syrian people - unlike the evil powers around the world."
'Future leader'
If she's not encouraging him, I ask, what is she doing to stop her son losing his childhood to extreme violence?

Start Quote

Their childhood has been taken”
MohamedBrother of young jihadi fighters
"I can't stop him if he wants to fight," she says.
"War makes children grow up fast. I want him to become a future leader - an emir."
Steadily her voice grows in intensity, her eyes narrowing in anger above the scarf she uses to cover her face.
"I would not be sad if he killed Westerners. I'm ashamed that my other sons are working peacefully for civil society groups - they must take up arms."
How would she feel, I ask, if he dies fighting for Islamic State?
She pauses. "I would be so happy," she replies, before bowing her head to cry.
A young jihadist fighter operates heavy artillery in the desert
Some jihadist groups are using child soldiers as suicide bombers and snipers
$100 per month
Islamic State is recruiting widely among children, according to a United Nations report released last month - and often forcibly.
One video posted online, called "cubs of the Islamic State", appears to show a battalion of children dressed in full military garb, holding weapons and standing next to an IS black flag.
Other jihadist groups are also using child soldiers, Human Rights Watch reporting recently that they're deployed as suicide bombers and snipers.
In the southern Turkish city of Gaziantep, we met a Syrian civil society activist who has seen his two younger brothers - 13 and 15 years old - fall victim to a recruitment drive by Jabat al-Nusra, the al-Qaeda offshoot in Syria.
Mohamed, the brother of two young jihadists stands in front of a mosque
Mohamed fears that both his brothers will be killed
Mohamed, 21, shows me a video of his youngest brother firing heavy artillery with a group of fighters.
In other pictures, he poses for the camera gripping a machine gun.
"I tried to stop my brothers from joining al-Nusra but they didn't care what I felt," he says.
"They should be at school. Al-Nusra offers children $100 per month to fight with them. And they give them weapons-training in a camp. Their childhood has been taken."
Mohamed's younger brother points a weapon at the camera
Mohamed's brother was trained to fight by the al-Nusra group in Syria
Both brothers have recently been captured by Islamic State. Mohamed fears they'll soon defect from al-Nusra to fight with IS.
"I used to have fun with my youngest brother at home. But then he changed. When I told him al-Nusra would destroy our country, he said 'shut up, or I'll kill you'.
"I said goodbye to both of them when they went to join al-Nusra and I thought: I'll never see them again. I'm sure I'll get news that they've been killed."
Syria's war is blackening the formative years of a generation.
And militants are preying upon children as tools of that war, their innocence stolen too early.
As I left the house of "Abu Hattab", I asked his mother what her 13-year-old wanted to become when he was even younger.
She smiled: "A pilot."

No comments:

Post a Comment