Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Steinbeck, Good, Evil And "The Winter Of Our Discontent"

Image result for john steinbeck quotes
Alan: And because evil never dies, everyone has splendid opportunities to be good.

And everyone has a chance to be heroic.

Happiness and health reside in the determination to restore the goodness that gets lost.

Exercise for goodness sake.

And it is heartening to know that "the good" is real and true, whereas evil is unreal and false.

"Carry On / Questions"
Crosby, Stills and Nash

John Steinbeck
Wikiquotes

Alan: "Winter Of Our Discontent" was the first Steinbeck novel I ever read. 

It made literature real for me. 

Even more than real.

I will never forget my thrill at Steinbeck's epitomization of fighter jets as "spindles of malice."

Could there be any truer use of words?

To this day, I look skyward and see these prowling marauders as just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment