Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pope Francis Says This Prayer Daily

 
Believed to have been composed 500 years ago by the English humanist and martyr, Sir Thomas More, Pope Francis' daily prayer gives us a glimpse into the mind and heart of the pontiff.
It goes: "Grant me, O Lord, good digestion, and also something to digest. Grant me a healthy body, and the necessary good humour to maintain it. Grant me a simple soul that knows to treasure all that is good and that doesn't frighten easily at the sight of evil, but rather finds the means to put things back in their place. Give me a soul that knows not boredom, grumbling, sighs and laments, nor excess of stress, because of that obstructing thing called 'I'. Grant me, O Lord, a sense of good humour. Allow me the grace to be able to take a joke and to discover in life a bit of joy, and to be able to share it with others."
 
Sir/Saint Thomas More
***
The 1966 Oscar-winning "A Man For All Seasons" is an exceptionally well-crafted film starring brilliant British actor Paul Schofield who is mostly known for his stage work.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060665/?ref_=nv_sr_1


No comments:

Post a Comment