Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

My Night In Solitary

"AT 6:45 p.m. on Jan. 23, I was delivered to a Colorado state penitentiary, where I was issued an inmate uniform and a mesh bag with my toiletries and bedding. My arms were handcuffed behind my back, my legs were shackled and I was deposited in Administrative Segregation -- solitary confinement. I hadn't committed a crime. Instead, as the new head of the state's corrections department, I wanted to learn more about what we call Ad Seg." Rick Raemisch in The New York Times.

"George Will: The Torture Of Solitary Confinement"

  1. Pax on both housesSolitary Confinement

    paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2013/07/solitary-confinement.html

    Jul 23, 2013 - For the past two weeks, thousands of California inmates in solitaryconfinement have been protesting conditions in security housing units with a ...

  2. Pax on both houses: For Herman Wallace, Solitary Confinement ...

    paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/.../for-herman-wallace-solitary-confinem...

    Oct 25, 2013 - When Herman Wallace died Oct. 4 at age 71, he had been a free man for about 2½ days. Before that, he spent 41 years in solitary confinement ...

No comments:

Post a Comment