Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Glenn Beck, His Catholic-Educated Daughter And Gay Rights

The Blaze's Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck: Tears of a Clown. A Case Study In The National Lunacy
***

Glenn Beck: Liberal Catholics brainwashed my daughter into thinking I was anti-LGBT

By David Edwards
Thursday, December 5, 2013 
Conservative radio host Glenn Beck revealed this week that his own daughter accused him of being “intolerant” about same sex marriage after she left home and attended a Catholic university.
In an interview on Wednesday, Pastor Mark Driscoll explained to Beck that his church had done a poll and discovered that intolerance was the number one objection to Christianity.
“The new definition of tolerance is you have to approve of me and endorse me, otherwise you hate me,” Driscoll lamented. “That’s different.”
“There’s no tolerance of my opinion,” Beck agreed. “This is the thing, my daughter went to Fordham University, which I’m glad I didn’t spend a dime on, she did it all through scholarship and I would not have paid for that education because here’s this Catholic university that taught my daughter that the Bible was nonsense and it was just a bad experience.”
“But she thought for a while that I was intolerant,” he added. “And I kept saying to her, ‘Honey, you don’t understand. When it comes to gay marriage, for example, I have gay friends, I have gay employees, I don’t really care. What you do is what you do. You work that out. That’s your life.’ But I tried to explain to her, what this really is about is telling my church what I have to believe.”
“You can’t force me to say that my God says you can be married or not married. You can’t force me to do that. She didn’t believe me until everything started going through, and then she started seeing the intolerance on the other side.”
However, the radio host admitted that conservative Christians had “lost the war” when it came to same sex marriage.
“The religious right, the Moral Majority, everybody put those T-shirts away, nobody’s wearing them,” Driscoll agreed.
Like much of the nation, Beck’s views on marriage equality have evolved in recent years. As recently as 2009, he had warned that same sex marriage could lead to polygamy. But by December of 2012, he seemed to endorse the idea of LGBT marriage rights, saying, “I don’t care. I don’t want to hurt anybody. Fine, whatever live your life the way you want to live your life.”
Watch this video from The Blaze, broadcast Dec. 4, 2013. 
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/05/glenn-beck-liberal-catholics-brainwashed-my-daughter-into-thinking-i-was-anti-lgbt/


No comments:

Post a Comment