Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Captain Kirk, Camille Paglia, Megyn Kelly and Jon Stewart

Camille Paglia

***
Dear Fred,

Thanks for your email.

My feelings about Paglia are much like yours. (I just learned she grew up in a working farmhouse and her father taught at a Jesuit college.)


***

This morning, I posted Jon Stewart's recent "reply" to Fox News' anchor, Megyn Kelly.

On the surface, their "debate" is trivial.

But in addition to being  funny, Stewart offers more than meets the eye. 

Megyn Kelly delivers less than meets the eye. 


Always.

"Got to be good looking 'cause she's so hard to see." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or4H6W75kTc

If you check it out, I encourage you to watch the second link first.  http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2013/12/jon-stewart-has-more-fun-as-megyn-kelly.html 

Stewart is a genius.

Megyn Kelly -- like Fox News itself -- is "Middle School for Grown Ups." 

Pax tecum

Alan


On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

I like Camille Paglia. She's not on your side, she's not on my side, she's not on anyone's team.
You read one paragraph and say "right on" then you read the next paragraph and think "that's ridiculous"
I would call her a stimulating writer. She has a lot of enemies and very few friends, so I hope she has a nice dog at home, if she has a home.

--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital

send mail to:

Fred Owens
35 West Main St Suite B #391
Ventura CA 93001



No comments:

Post a Comment