Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

"Carnival time is over!" Pope Francis On Refusing To Wear "The Ermine Cape"

A Family Of Monarchical Parasites
(Ever notice how top-dog conservatives never have real jobs?)

***
Dear Fred,

Thanks for your email.

I think you make a valid point about the downside of parental "palsy-walsy"... when it comes to child-rearing.

However, as the world matures -- or at least moves away from the top-down authoritarianism that typified the medieval Catholic church in whose shadow we still reside -- I think most Catholics, certainly alienated Catholics, will benefit from Francis' "accessibility." 

Laura and her fellow monarchists have had too long a "run." http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/10/pope-francis-vatican-ii-on-steroids/

Plus the predicate of that "run" -- "shock and awe" monarchical splendor -- just won't cut it going forward (unless American conservatives provoke a catastrophe that devolves humankind to the 19th century... or earlier). 

For worse or for worst, Anarchic Apocalypticism is the informing spirit of "Republicans for Revolution." 

What is it "conservatives" think they're conserving?

Your email reminds me that I must put finishing touches on Laura's foundational rant, "An Interview With Pope Francis." http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/09/an-interview-with-pope-francis/

I will tend to that now.

Pax tecum

Alan

Bring back the pope's ermine cape!

"Carnival time is over."
Pope Francis


On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Fred Owens <froghospital911@gmail.com> wrote:

Laura Wood, over at the Thinking Housewife, is having hissy fits over the new Pope  -- this is not surprising.
She has a point however. I already have plenty of good friends. Francis is my Pope, not my friend. And if he chooses to forget that and tries to act like we're buddies, it will rise up and bite him on the ass.
That's the way I felt about my children -- even told 'em -- I'm not your friend, I'm your Daddy  -- not the same thing.
Francis puts the "Hi!" in hierarchy. But to argue against what I just said -- the man got elected by the College of Cardinals, guided by the Holy Spirit, and Francis gets to be whatever he chooses to be and what we see is his leadership.


--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My blog is Fred Owens

send mail to:

Fred Owens
35 West Main St Suite B #391
Ventura CA 93001


No comments:

Post a Comment