Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

Facebook Exchange About Able-ism, Faith, Śūnyatā And J.B.S. Haldane

Image result for Śūnyatā
  • Zach Zimet Memories exist. Physically. They can be created, altered, and destroyed.

    Sounds pretty ableist to me. PTSD is real.
    • Alan Archibald I agree with your observations. 

      Still, I believe many people - perhaps most - run "tape loops" from the past-and-future because -- at least at the outset they chose to... or were taught/conditioned to. 

      Whether these chosen tape loops then take on a "biochemical/neuro-electrical life of their own" is still an open question although I suppose they do. 

      Sometimes a good way forward is to suppose things can change/improve even if that assumption is ableist. 

      In my 20s, a young woman said to me: "Confidence isn't something you get. It's something you convince yourself you've got.

      Confidence. 

      "Cum" "fides."

      With faith. 

      I suspect the Western conception of God might distill to the Japanese Buddhist concept of Śūnyatā, or "emptiness/void." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9A%C5%ABnyat%C4%81

      If, indeed, the Universe emerged (or has always continually emerged) ex nihilo, then "nihil" is the most creative force there is.

      To say the least, I find it plausible that "nothing" REALLY generates everything.

      Then there's the fact (as I see it) that love is real and the equally remarkable fact that "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." What this might mean cosmically is an interesting question.

      I leave the last word to British biologist J.B.S. Haldane: http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/.../not-only-is...
      Śūnyatā - Wikipedia
      EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
      Śūnyatā - Wikipedia
      Śūnyatā - Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment