Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

My Band, "19 Miles From Davis" Performing At Gizmo Brew Works' Oktoberfest, 9/22/2018

image.png

Dear Squeeze and Boo,

This is the sequence of songs as we played them at yesterday's Oktoberfest... except for "Guitar Gently Weeps" which I failed to record. (I'm regret that failure since Mark and Alger are increasingly adept at the soaring two man guitar solo that concludes the song.)

The one "new" song on this playlist is "Let's Work Together" which John introduced as a tribute to North Carolinians struggling to recover from the ravages of Hurricane Florence. 

Not having practiced "Work Together" in nearly two years, I was pleased when one concert goer told me how much he liked it.  I do not think my performance deserved singling out but his favorable comment felt good nevertheless.

"I'm A Man" Jam

"Dim Lights, Thick Smoke And Loud, Loud Music"

"Spit Of Love"

"Street Fighting Man"

"Give Me One Reason To Stay Here"

"If I Didn't Know Better"

"Susie Q"

"Moondance"

"Jumping Jack Flash"

"You Make Loving Fun"

"The Thrill Is Gone"

"Like A Rolling Stone"

"Take Me To The River"

"These Bones, These Bones"

"Are You Going To Be My Girl?"

"Summertime"

"Let's Work Together"

In addition to the songs linked above, I was slated to sing "All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down," "Run Through The Jungle," "The Ballad Of John And Yoko," and "Evil Ways."

But between a late start (due to equipment failure during setup), and too much optimism over how many songs we could fit in a two hour concert, we ended up having to axe nine songs.

Love

Daddy man

"19 Miles From Davis" Invites You To Our Oaxaca Tour



No comments:

Post a Comment