Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Adam Rutherford: "Why Race Is Not A Thing, According To Geneticists" National Geographic

Image result for composite race portrait
"Why Race Is Not A Thing, According To Geneticists" National Geographic

Excerpt: "There is, for instance, more genetic diversity within Africa than in the rest of the world put together. If you take someone from Ethiopia and someone from the Sudan, they are more likely to be more genetically different from each other than either one of those people is to anyone else on the planet!"

Where Do We Come From?
1A Interview With Adam Rutherford, Author Of "A Brief History Of Everyone Who Ever Lived"

There is more genetic variation within contemporary Africa than there is between a white European 



1 comment:

  1. I "PERSONALLY" love differences! This is why I started studying different foreign language(s) when I attended college, and STILL-SPEAK Russian, Japanese, MANDARIN Chinese (...THOUGH NOT FLUENTLY, ..."BUT" above average). ...AND a "splattering of Tagalog (Philippines)", French, German and Spanish. I was brought-up on Italian opera.
    THE turning point for me was when I was stationed in Japan, I was at a discotheque in the middle of downtown Tokyo, and met an absolutely drop-dead gorgeous model from Hamburg, Germany and while she did NOT speak perfect English, I spoke SOME German, and when English and German failed us, we switched to French, and when she found-out I spoke above average Japanese, she asked me to get her a taxi back to her apartment, ..AND well...' I will NOT go into detail of what happened that evening, and though we could NEVER get-back together again THAT was the landmark event that taught me the importance of at least studying, learning language, and I became a student of literally every country's language and culture my ship visited. Language and race becomes irreverent when people meet; IT'S "THE" COMMUNICATION THAT MATTERS!!! I was taught this repeatedly and never, ...Never, ...NEVER forgot it.

    ReplyDelete