Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Founding Of America; Christianity As The Message, Not The Medium



Thomas Jefferson's Bible

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/how-thomas-jefferson-created-his-own-bible-5659505/?no-ist 

***


Deism and The Founding Fathers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism#Deism_in_the_United_States

***

The Faith Of "The Founding Fathers" Is No Longer Essential. Is There A Parallel For Religion?


***

Alan: It is right that Americans do not overthrow the institutions of government simply because we have developed beyond the founders' imagining.

Similarly, we would wisely refrain from overthrowing the institutions of religion simply because we have developed beyond the founders' imagining.

“Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can’t believe that, believe what you see—these works. 
The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things."
Yeshua of Nazareth
John 14:12

***

In Buddhism, there are three so-called "Refuges":
The Buddha
The Dharma
The Sangha

In Christian terms, these "Refuges" are
Christ Consciousness
Universal Law
The Community of Like-Minded Believers

To discard these "Refuges" is to discard "the baby with the bath."



No comments:

Post a Comment